Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Joys of Planning.

So, what do I do when I have an international trip on the horizon? I start planning other trips!

Since Spain is in October of 2011 I decided that 2012 needed some attention as well.  Sarah has mentioned a fantastic idea to drive down the coast of Croatia! I am totally interested in joining her and am so completely excited.

My research on the Croatia area began at Lonely Planet’s website http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2058704 where there was a ton of posts related to the topic of travel as well as informative responses to my enquiries. The plan is to travel from Rijeka to Dubrovnik which I hear is completely breathtaking. All I am waiting for is Sarah to land the dates for us.




My second plan is to travel to Bangladesh.

I recently bought the book Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2011 purchased through amazon.com http://www.amazon.ca/Lonely-Planets-Best-Travel-2011/dp/1742200907 and found a section on affordable travel destinations. Apparently, Bangladesh is extremely cheap, with the book claiming that you can eat for less than $1 US and find lodgings for even cheaper. As well, it is reported to be a far superior travel destination to the neighbouring India.

Since I was already planning a month stay in India, perhaps I will do Bangladesh first and India in future years. I have also researched this trip on Lonely Planet’s website and have received a bunch of tips and information about the area (such as, don’t travel during monsoon season!).

I hope to do this trip next year as well.




As for my October Spain trip, I have discovered that travelling around Spain as I originally planned to do will probably not work out. I have recently redirected my focus to Barcelona only, though I will definitely squeeze in some time in Valencia since I hear the food there is amazing. If it works out however, I will head for Granada also.




Happy Travels!

Serena

3 comments:

  1. nice planing to travel, welcome to india.like to be friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome...Welcome...I think you will enjoy Bangladesh. The nature i green here, people are hospitable and many many things to explore. So, please come before the tourists come.

    Mahmud

    ReplyDelete