Sunday 5 June 2011

Tarot Reading for a Graduation Party?


River, Cedar and Meadow

May 25th was my husband’s graduation from the University of Alberta’s Project Management Professional program.  I had successfully managed to find some wonderful friends to watch all 3 of my children for the afternoon so that I could witness this important event.  Dressing somewhat fancy, I drove myself into the heart of Edmonton just in time for his 1:00 start up.  Then I received a text from him stating I had to be at the University for 3:15…hmmm…2 hours to kill. 

I walked over to Jasper Avenue from my 105th Street parking spot and was immediately approached by 2 women asking me if I wanted to “Ride a bike for 5 minutes?”  My answer, “Ummm sure?”.  The purpose of this bike ride was that it was part of the Mitsubishi City Chase, an equivalent event to the television show The Amazing Race.  Since hearing about this annual event last year, I have wanted to participate but haven’t since commitments always seem to fall on that particular weekend.  This year was my husband’s program.  Luckily, I got to enjoy 5 minutes of the race.  Perhaps next year I will get the full experience.


Downtown Edmonton Farmer's Market
After my bike ride, I continued down Jasper Avenue.  I hadn’t walked one block more before I discovered an amazing Farmer's Market that contained everything from handmade jewellery to local produce.  I decided to peruse the sale tents only to discover that this was a BIG market and my feet were not accustom to the high heels I was wearing.  Once the pain was too unbearable to ignore, I decided to try to find the Russian Tea Room.
The Russian Tea Room was very easy to find.  Once entering, I wasn’t sure if the rumours I heard about it were true or not.  Did you really get your fortune read here?  I was greeted by an Asian lady who asked me if I wanted a menu and my fortune read; “yes” I said, to both.

 After scanning the area and realizing there weren’t any ‘Russians’ in the room, I tried to figure out how this operation worked.  I saw multiple tables of 2’s scattered all around the restaurant.  Were these people just eating?  Were they getting their fortune read?  What was this single guy doing beside me?  I felt so unsure as if the room was filled with old veterans and I was the obvious newbie.  Finally the Asian greater said, “You go see him” and pointed to a solo table.  I grabbed my tea and possessions to make my way to his table.  He provided me with a menu of reading options with varying degrees of prices for me to choose from.  I chose a Tarot reading with Destiny cards for $60.00. 

Now being somewhat of a sceptic, I made sure that I kept my personal information to myself to ensure that whatever reading I got was from the psychic was definitely from him.  The verdict…it was truly amazing.  I highly recommend dropping by the Russian Tea Room the next time you are in the Downtown Edmonton area.  The last good reading I had like this one was at A Sense of Serenity in the Whyte Avenue area.  What did he say you ask?  That is for me to know…and you to watch unfold. 

After the reading I made my way over to the University Professional building and watched my hardworking husband receive his certificate.  Way to go baby…I am so proud!

Congratulations Chris!

Happy Travels...

Serena


No comments:

Post a Comment